Years ago many families were fortunate to have stay-at-home mums who could assist their school-going children with homework. By doing this, they had a handle on what their child was learning and whether they were coping with the subject matter or not. There are added challenges today: a more intense curriculum with regular changes, larger classes and a variety of recently-diagnosed learning difficulties.
Both parents and teachers need to know how their children/learners are faring at school to identify and address any issues that may arise. One way of keeping the proverbial finger on the pulse is to make use of an education tracker.
There are various positive aspects to bear in mind about education tracking software:
- It has benefits for the learners, their parents, teachers and their assistants, and can be adapted to the specific needs of the school if necessary. A good one to consider would be educaters SPTO alternative as it offers face-to-face support and a variety of assessment choices.
- Teachers can monitor each learner’s progress and adapt their teaching style to assist learners, for example, some learn visually, where others may grasp the subject through a kinaesthetic approach.
- Learning difficulties in some learners may be highlighted. This will aid teachers and parents to obtain assistance in the form of additional lessons or private tutoring. The information gathered through education tracking will better equip teachers and tutors to cater to the needs of their learners on a deeper, personal level.
- Today’s learners are tech-savvy. The incorporation of mobile device use in the learning process may improve productivity in the classroom if structured correctly. Education tracking software is compatible with smartphones, which brings me to the next point;
- Learners can see their progress and work towards both individual and class goals. Having access to this information may act as a motivator to improve skills and put in the effort where grades are not satisfactory.
- Teachers can conduct self-evaluation based on the progress of the learners and react accordingly. If an analysis of data reflects a majority of learners struggling in a particular field, staff can confer about ways to present the curriculum in an easier-to-understand way.
- As more data is accumulated and analysed through education tracking software, department heads and school governing bodies can adapt and better equip their teaching staff to present the curriculum to students in an engaging way in a controlled environment.
- Teachers can identify talents in learners. For example, a learner showing a penchant for English may benefit from reading more books or engaging in a game of Scrabble or Boggle with friends to improve their vocabulary or learners with an interest in agriculture could tend a vegetable garden at school if such a project is offered.
Education tracking software can be an invaluable tool to improve the teaching methods at a school, identify learners struggling with specific subjects and get them the help they need, and aid teachers to advise parents what can be done to have engaging activities at home which will benefit their children at school.